Friday, November 5, 2010

God's Divine Intervention

So reflecting back to Tanner's birth will be a bit tramatic for Eric and I for a while I think.   I never in a million years expected to be that family that you see on TV or hear about in the news.   I always wondered how you miscalculate so badly that you could end up delivering in a car.   And even though I didn't deliver in the car that is just one scenario that could have happened and could have drastically altered the outcome of our baby being with us today.

I know that especially our parents were a bit concerned about our plan for a homebirth.  Honestly, I was only apprehensive about the pain area since I had had epidurals with the first two.   I guess in the end I did get my homebirth, but certainly not as planned - or as the midwives had planned.   I believe this area is just the first of many that God had his hand in.  If I had been planning to deliver at the hospital instead of at home Tanner very likely would have been born in the car....and since our midwife and Paramedics spent over ten minutes doing CPR upon his arrival - there is no way he could have recieved that from me in the back seat of our van.  The fact that our midwife was with us may very well have saved our little boy.

I also had a remarkably long umbilical cord which stayed pulsing for most of the time he was unresponsive.  Only God could orchestrate that anatomy to keep oxygen circulating despite his distress.

The one other major area that is remarkable is that I had very very little bleeding.   If I had had complications and they were trying to get Tanner to breathe, I could have had serious issues as well.  

For all the crazy, painful, scary things that occured that night - God has brough to our attention all the little miracles that were present as well.   We have said from the very very beginning of this adventure that we would trust Him and He has certainly proven himself faithful to us. 

I've asked Eric at some point to post his perspective about the birth - as I'm sure it is very different from mine.   So there will likely be one more blog entry about our crazy ride - but I want him to write it down, to express what his experience was and to help him have a reminder of God's faithfulness.

Tomorrow is either go home day - or go under the bili-lights day.   I'm hoping for the first, but won't be suprised if its the second.   Thanks again for all your prayers and support.  We are looking forward to showing off our little man very soon.

No comments: