Sunday, January 3, 2010

Praise

So we went to Friendship this morning because my mom was being commmissioned for her missions trip. Each time we go back there we go on a Sunday when they do communion and then pray for each family. They pass out a card for you to write your family info and prayer requests and praises on. I could have filled the request line 10 times over - life has been difficult lately. But I could think of nothing for the praise section - no wonder I am so depressed.

In an attempt to think on the good things happening around me I shall attempt for a little while at least to blog one thing every day that would be in the praise category. With another terrible night under my belt - no it wasn't having my in-laws and parents for dinner that ruined it either :) - my praise tonight is..... Lord, thank you for hot water. I know, you are probably thinking "That's the best you can do?". But as I took my hot bath tonight - to unwind and warm my ever-lovin cold toes. That was what popped in my mind. So I am most appreciative for my big hot bath sometimes two times a day. I am hopful that as I try to find praises throughout the day that I will better be able to feel God's presence with me in my trials.

2 comments:

absofsteel26 said...

I'm proud of you Amy! Sometimes life is not what we thought, planned, hoped. I am sorry things have been tough lately but I am thankful that you can find joy in the simple things. Keep pushing through. There is a purpose, if for nothing else then to strengthen your faith! Love you! You inspire me!!!

Melissa said...

Hey Amy...I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and praying for you. Thank you for sharing your walk with us via the blog.