Sunday, January 31, 2010

Adam

A couple nights ago, we watched a movie called "Adam" with Luke and Susu. It is a story about a 29 year old man with Aspbergers Syndrome. I was expecting to cry most the way through knowing it was possibly a depiction of the life our son has yet to live. There were a few parts I couldn't help but be saddened by.... the outbursts and many missed friendships....however by the end the movie I realized this was running through my head. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

More proof that my time in Hawaii was not wasted and selfish me time.....but a time to be filled and draw closer to Him. As a mother of a child with Autism, the end of this movie could have totally consumed your thoughts and brought such dispair and pain....but God filled my heart and mind with His Words and I had peace.....

1 comment:

Christina said...

Praise God Amy! How cool. :o) I'm so glad that you had an incredible time in Hawaii.