Friday, January 29, 2010

Conversation

I knew that my spiritual life was dry before I left for Hawaii, but I you don't really recognize how dry it is until you experience wet again. Hawaii for me is not just a "sit in the sun and sleep all day" vacation, but a "experiencing the waterfall of God" vacation.

Today I went to Sams Club to get some gas since I was in the area. There was an older gentleman employee there named David who was out pumping peoples gas. He came to my door and asked for my card, what kind of gas I wanted, and whether I wanted a reciept or not. I answered his questions and then we got on the subject of Hawaii. Since I was below empty (something that will be no suprise to Skills) we had plenty of time to talk about his time in the service - stationed on Oahu and the cruise he took with his wife to the Big Island. Our conversation was brief, but at the end I said "Thank you very much for pumping my gas, and thank you also for serving for us." "Wow, thanks, happy to do it." he said. "God Bless You, and have a wonderful day." I replied. He looked at me and smiled and said "You know, my name in the Bible means Beloved." I smiled back and said "Mine too." I closed the window and off I went to finish my errands.

Seems like such an insignifant exchange of words, but I left with my heart filled. God gave me joy from a small, passing conversation. He gave me JOY! Ahhhhh, how I've missed it.

Thank you Lord for the small blessings today!

1 comment:

WoRds/WoNDer said...

Isn't it refreshing when it comes from another? This is what our relationships are meant to be like...a blessing and a conduit of God himself.