Monday, July 28, 2008

Motorcycle Mama

Well - I did something I was determined not to do this summer. Took a motorcylce ride with my hubby last night. I told him when he got his license that I wouldn't ride with him until next year cause I didn't want to orphan our children.....but I knew it meant alot to him to have me hop on an enjoy a ride.


The thing is...the first 15 minutes were pure terror. See I am a control freak - and as the passenger on the bike, obviously I had no control. Seems the on/off ramps where the worst - but I think that I could go again without the sheer panic this time :)


Here is a photo of my hubby and I and our friends Andy and Amanda who went along on this emotionally uncomfortable, but nice ride with us to Lake Nakomis last night...

After our dinner we went for nice walk around part of the lake and then headed back to the bikes to go back to their house. All around it was a fun experience, but somewhere between 15 and 32 my dad says I turned into a woman....I got all afraid of stuff. I guess its true - it happened, the daredevil child I was has faded into oblivion. But.....at least I can cook and clean now !

No comments: