Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I thought he was over this!

Well today was a rough day. Courtney didn't listen at dance...suprise. And we went to River Falls tonight to celebrate my nephews Brady's birthday. Andrew did well at social skills therapy today, but apparently something clicked this evening that set him off. As I dragged him to the car to avoid anymore embarassment from his freakout, I was so saddened that I was having to relive some of those moments. That this behavior wasn't really totally gone - he was just doing better at controlling himself. Lord, I didn't ever want to experience that again - I didn't want to feel the embarassment, feel the helplessness, feel the dread of wondering when it would happen again. Please calm him, remind him that he is your child and that you can take control when he is losing it, and remind me that I am doing the best I can and that sometimes it is out of my control. Just when I get comfortable in where he is at I am reminded of the struggles I could be having everyday - when I quit praying for his healing every night I am reminded that he is not healed that he has yes a long way to go, but also that he has come so far.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you konw that the testing of your faith develops perseverane. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4

No comments: