Thursday, May 15, 2008

Amazing...



Well - last week I wrote out a check for $300 big ones to send in to a "special needs" bike camp for Andrew. I didn't send it out yet figuring I should try again this year to see if I could get him to cooperate with me. Well we went to Kansas City this week and his little buddy Juliane had learned to ride a bike so we thought we give it a shot with Andrew as well.

Took him about 30 seconds before he was off and running. We had one pretty good spill, but otherwise he picked it up like a pro. Today, now home, we decided to ride to the park - this was a different bike and we were home with no one to cheer him on.....and he exceded my expectations. Even freeked me out in his gutsy riding. Up and down curbs and driveways - guess that's $300 I get to spend on babysitting for date nights :) Any takers.....

No comments: