Monday, August 30, 2010

I have....

So today we started our morning with some errands.   I went to the office for an hour, Andrew had violin lessons, and then we headed to Walmart to get picnic stuff for a picnic at the beach with my sis and her kids.   In the car the kids were having their usual "discussion" about something or another and Andrew responded to Courtney in a peculiar manner.   Courtney stopped and asked Andrew why he would say that.   I interupted the conversation and said "Andrew sometimes says things differently because his brain works differently."   Then Andrew said in  quiet voice, "Yeah, I have Autism."

This is the first time I have ever heard Andrew say anything about his Autism or even acknowledge why he may do something different than others.    Just another reason why my little boy is no longer so little.   He's growing into a young man and I am so proud of him and all the hard work he has put into helping himself succeed.   10 - the big birthday into double digets this year.  Crazy how time flies.

No comments: