Friday, May 14, 2010

3 days and counting.....

This morning it suddenly dawned on me that in 3 short days - half of our new giant family will be moving out and things will probably be pretty lonely around here.    Though I dare not lie and say I have never been frustraited over the last 7 weeks - most of those moments probably due to being woken from a nap :) - it has been much easier than I thought it would be.

Having 6 people join my space was probably made much easier by my pregnancy.   I spent so much time in my room sleeping and only cooked 2 meals the entire time they were here so Amanda and I weren't stepping on each others toes all the time.   I didn't care that someone was in my kitchen...for those of you who know me....usually that would be a big issue.   And frankly, I can't imagine what the house would look like today if she wasn't here to be my cleaning fairy.   ITS AWESOME....  I lay down for a morning nap....I wake up and the cleaning fairy has cleaned my house.   I recommend it to every woman.    But in all seriousness, Amanda, I can't thank you enough for taking care of my kids on occasion - for dealing with the extra sparing between Chloe and Andrew - and for taking care of my house.   I'm sure this arrangement hasn't been as easy on your girls as the rest of us, but we were glad to have you and would do it again if necessary.

Come Monday I have an opening for  a cleaning fairy if anyone wants to volunteer.......

No comments: