Sunday, November 16, 2008

Monday

On the way to church this morning we were discussing the impending birthday for Eric and I this month. Andrew was kind enough to remind me that I would be 33 on Friday.

He was quiet for a few minutes and then he stated that his birthday was on a Monday, that January 12, 2009 was a Monday. I thought this kid is crazy and pulled out my cell phone. Sure enough the calendar said January 12, 2009 was a Monday.

Tonight I asked him what day Courtney's birthday was on - he non-chalontly said Saturday. Eric and I both whipped out our cell phones to find that February 28, 2009 was indeed a Saturday.

Unbelievable.....if I can only harness some of his brillance into other areas :)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

are you kidding me?! Ask him what day my birthday (feb. 20th) falls on...Let me know what he says! :)

Let's get together soon and celebrate your birthdays! I hope you guys are doing well!

Amanda said...

well, duh. i just realized that it won't be too hard for andrew to figure out my birthday, considering courtney's is only 8 days later! :) ask him about andy's instead (march 13)!

WoRds/WoNDer said...

I saw a report on tv where an autistic boy could state the day a certain date fell on. Crazy! But we always knew he was special :)

Anonymous said...

Autistic savant means a person with autism who has a special skill.
Around 10 per cent of people with autism show special or even remarkable skills.