Sunday, January 8, 2012

Quiet and Worship

There aren't many quiet moments around here these days.   If the house is quiet - I'm usually sleeping along with the rest of them.  But a much needed Sunday afternoon nap has me enjoying a true quiet moment - time for reflection and prayer tonight.

My favorite quiet time place is in the dark, laying next to the fire with some great worship music on the Iphone.   Tonights favorite worship song was "WHO I AM" by Jason Gray, which probably spoke to my heart because of another meaningful sermon this morning.   I am so thankful for our new church, not that we didn't get fed at our previous one, but I am brought to tears each Sunday morning during worship - seriously, every Sunday.   And the sermon series have been so targeted for things that I have recognized as struggles I have or things that have been on my heart.

The new series started this week is called UNthink and will be teaching us how to take our thoughts captive and how to foster a Christlike thought life.   My life is FULL of negative thoughts.  Body image, wife abilities, mother abilities - you name it I'm sure I tell myself that I suck at it.   I think I do a pretty good job of covering up all these insecurities - YEP overacheiver comes to mind.   And I do feel good about the things that I accomplish.  Maybe that's why I'm so driven to finish things I start and to do them well - I need to be able to tell myself "Good Job".   

But God didn't create me to be able to be good at something just so that could take his place as the reason I am worthy.   I'm excited to learn how to stop the negative thoughts and to replace them with ones that are spoken from Christ's perspective.   I have always struggled with intimacy with God, OK, if I'm realistic intimacy with most anyone.  But I feel like if I get it figured out with God, everyone else will follow naturally.   So, my goal this week is to be praying I will see, feel and know that I am a truely loved and wanted daughter of Him.  The song I mentioned above will be my prayer this week.   Lord, Remind me who I am to You.

WHO I AM - Jason Gray

Verse 1:

When I lose My way, And I forget my name,
Remind me who I am.
In the mirror all I see, Is who I don't wanna be,
Remind me who I am.
In the lonliest places, When I can't remember what grace is.

Chorus:
Tell me once again who I am to you.
Who I am to you.
Tell me lest I forget who I am to you.
That I belong to you.
To you.

Verse 2:
When my heart is like a stone, And I'm running far from home,
Remind me who I am.
When I can't recieve your love, Afraid I'll never be enough,
Find More lyrics at www.sweetslyrics.com
Remind me who I am.
If I'm your beloved, Can you help me believe it.

Chorus:
Tell me once again who I am to you.
Who I am to you, Woh.
Tell me lest I forget who I am to you.
That I belong to you.



No comments: