Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Letters to God

We finished watching a movie tonight that we started on Sunday evening with the kids.  It was called Letters To God and is based on a true story.    By the time the movie was over both the kids were crying and asking us all kinds of questions.  Both about the little boy in the movie and about death and heaven.   

It really struck a cord with them and their walk with God and they both ran upstairs to write their own letter to God.   What they wrote was so touching and beautiful to us as parents.

Courtney's Letter #1:
Dear God, Tell Tyler I hope he is OK.  I love you very much.  I'm not going to be afraid to die, I will be happy because I love you.

Courtney's Letter #2:
Dear God, Thank you for giving me life.  I love every person on earth, especially mom, dad, and my baby brother and big brother.  I love you very much.  I hope you will forgive every sin I've made.  I love the people in heaven and Jesus name we pray Amen.

Andrew's Letter:
Dear God, I love you very much.  You are the best person.  I miss Tanner when he is away.  I love you God.  Love Andrew

I am so encouraged by their faith - by the lessons they are learning and the steps they are taking to make their relationship with God personal and real.   We will continue to urge them to write their letters to God - for it is really just a prayer and form of worship that they understand.  

1 comment:

susu said...

wow, I am so proud of you guys as parents... through all adversities that you've faced and are still facing with Andrew instead of giving up or getting discouraged, you are leading your kids to be near the Lord and that's real special. Gotta Love their letters for I'm sure they are genuine and precious in God's eyes.