Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Home Visit

Last night was my Midwife Home Visit and I think she was a bit overwhelmed when she showed up to 4 other women hanging out ready to participate.    Though I am fairly certain  only half of them will actually be available for the birth, it was still fun to hear all their questions and let them be a part of this adventure.

I have all my supplies purchased, my helpers assigned their jobs, and most everything else that is truly necessary taken care of.    So long as baby stays in until November 6th, all shall proceed as planned.   Though, as I've been asked what my expectations are, I have realized that I don't have many.   Having attended 8 births - the one thing I have learned is that it never goes the way you think it is going to and I don't want to be disappointed.  So.....all that being said - I'm hoping for a quick, no back labor, no cord wrapped around the neck, healthy baby to be born, delivery.   But I shall just embrace this new experience as best I can and relax.

No comments: